Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Wishing for Kicks

So a lot has happen since I last posted. We had one of those wonderful doctors visits. The ones I hold my breath for from about 5 minutes after I leave the last one. Crazy right? Well not so much. I had been extremely worried by the natural ups and downs that come with pregnancy. Who knew there would be so many symptoms? I know I didn't.

With every little cramp, pain, or dizzy spell, I worried something was wrong with the baby. I guess I no longer care so much about myself because I care less about anything that won't bother the baby. Anyway, these little worries would eventually compound into a full frenzy. Without an ultrasound or hearing the heartbeat or hearing my doctor say all was well, I was a wreck.

After the last visit with my midwife, I was assured my concerns would be put to rest as soon as I started to feel some kicks. So I have spent the last few weeks praying for kicks. I am not so sure if my prayers have been answered yet, but I thought I felt something. Even the thought of feeling kicks is amazing, I am not sure what I will do, when I experience the real thing. So I will keep praying for kicks and continue to brace myself for that moment. I am pretty sure it will be an experience I will never forget.



Side Note: I am finally growing a little bit. This tiny little bump has also helped put some of my worries to rest.

No comments: