Thursday, July 23, 2009

19 weeks!!!

Finally. I have finally made it to the week before my 20 week anatomy scan. I know this seems crazy to anyone who is reading this but I can't help it. I have waited for the 20 week scan since I found out I was pregnant over 14 weeks ago. Since waiting has never been easy for me, I have learned to adapt a method which helps me stay sane during a long wait. The method is as follows;

Break the time into equal parts.
Dedicate each part to something, a home improvemnt project, a book, creating a new habit.
Try not to think about the final date, just focus on getting through each part.
Find as many distractions as possible.

Sad right?? I have always had this anxiety surrounding upcoming events in my life. I think seeing my baby on ultrasound for the first time (the first time doesn't count she or he was just a spot it was at 6 weeks 1 day)you know, seeing a little head, maybe thumb sucking and movement, has prompted more excitement and anxiety than any other event in my life. Of course what I really want to know is if the baby is healthy and hopefully a girl. Yes I want to know the sex, I wish I could have found out weeks ago. Now that I am here at the 19th week, I know I can make it one more week. Until then, I will be waiting for the next kick and the kick afetr that and well the, the kick after that.

Side Note: for 19 weeks I don't think I am showing very much but what do I know.

No comments: